International Consortium on Landslides
1. This Bylaw will define the internal regulation for the management of the International Consortium on Landslides.
2. Quorum and Internal Regulations of the Board of Representatives defined by Chapter VIII: Board of Representatives, Article 10 are:
1) Quorum is defined as half of the members; and
2) Decisions of the Board of Representatives are made by majority vote. When the votes are equally divided, the chairperson decides.
3. Alternative representation defined by the Board of Representatives described in Chapter VIII: Board of Representatives, Article 12 is:
1) If a representative of ICL will be absent and asks their alternative or another member to act and vote on their behalf, the president must be informed in writing before the meeting of the Board of Representatives.
4. Election of Officers defined by Chapter XII: Officers, Article 22 are:
1) President shall be elected by a quorum of the Board of Representatives with a simple majority of votes cast.
2) Vice President as the Immediate Past President and Vice President for the coming forum shall be approved by the Board of Representatives.
3) Other vice presidents shall be recommended by the nominating committee, the latter consists of five individuals who shall be approved by the Board of Representatives.
5. Membership fees by Chapter XIV: Article 24 are:
1) Membership fees for Members are 5,000 US$ for full membership;
2) Membership fees for universities, academic societies, other less funded entities in developed countries are 3,000 US$ at least;
3) Membership fees for developing countries are 500US$, 1,000US$ or 2,000US$;
4) Membership fees for Supporters are 1000 US$ or more;
5) Membership fees for Associates are 600 US$, 400 US$ and 200 US$ for developed countries, intermediate countries and developing countries.
6) The financial year of ICL starts on 1 January and ends on 31 December; and
7) Membership fees must be paid before 30 March of the current year.
Conditions for Members, Supporters and Associates.
Members have the rights to vote in the Board of Representatives, which has full power for the management of the affairs of the consortium. Members have the rights to propose IPL projects and to apply for World Centres of Excellence on Landslide Risk Mitigation (WCOE). Members may apply for partial travel support (0, 500, 1000, 1500 US$) to attend ICL-IPL meeting. ICL member organizations are printed in the ICL structure in each issue of Landslides. Board members from developed countries are acknowledged for their contribution in the Editorial Board in Journal “Landslides”. Members are eligible to contribute the progress of their projects and WCOEs and other activities in ICL/IPL Activities in Journal “Landslides”.
Members will receive one to three hard copies of the journal and one to two tokens (access rights) to the web version of all issues of the journal.
Supporters will receive information, news and reports on ICL and IPL.
The list of supporters appears in IPL web “http://www.iplhq.org/” as well as in each issue of the journal. Supporters will receive one hard copy of the journal and access to the web version of the journal. They may attend the Board of Representatives as observers, when room capacity is available.
Associates will receive information, news and reports on ICL and IPL.
Associates will receive one hard copy of the journal and one token to all issues of the web version of the journal. Associates will be invited to members of ICL regional subunits. They may join ongoing IPL projects and WCOEs implemented by ICL member. Associates are eligible to contribute the progress of their research and capacity development activities in ICL/IPL Activities in Journal “Landslides”. They may present their research and activities in IPL Symposium, and also attend the Board of Representatives as observers, when room capacity is available. The list of associates and their leaders appears in IPL web “http://www.iplhq.org/”
(Last update: 15 March 2017)