The ICL exchanged the Memorandum of Understanding to promote 2006 Tokyo Action Plan with he United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), the United Nations University (UNU), the International Council for Science (ICSU), and the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO). The International Programme on Landslides (IPL) jointly managed by ICL and these seven global stakeholders was established in 2006.
IPL secretariat is hosted by the ICL secretariat. The research coordination of IPL projects and its own research is implemented as IPL World Centre. This center consists ICL secretariat, ICL member researcher in Japan and abroad with advisors from supporting orgnaization in Japan and als oUNESCO.
The ICL was approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) to be a research organization which may apply for the funds provided by the Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) and the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) in March 2007.
- Management of ICL as its secretariat.
- Coordination of IPL projects (http://iplhq.org/) as the IPL secretariat.
- Edition of the quarterly full color international scientific journal “Landslides”
- Implementation of international joint research
1) JICA-JST SATREPS Project for Viet Nam
2) JICA-JST SATREPS project for Croatia
*JICA:Japan International Cooperation Agency
*JST:Japan Science and Technology Agency
*SATREPS: Science and Technology Research Partnership for Sustainable
- Organization of the Second World Landslide Forum 2011
- The 10th Anniversary of ICL, 2012